The MIAM is a confidential meeting between you and a mediator to look at your situation in more detail and to discuss the ways to find solutions to your problems.
The mediator will explain to you:
- what your options might be.
- what mediation is, and how it works.
- the benefits of mediation and other appropriate forms of resolving disputes.
- the likely costs of using mediation.
- this is the Information part of the Meeting. The objective is to give you enough information to then make an assessment/informed decision about what option is best for you.
- if you decide on mediation the mediator would then contact the other party to invite them to a similar meeting.
- if you both then wish to go ahead with mediation the first joint mediation meeting would be arranged.